Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An unexpected call…

Today when I got home from the gym, I needed to rest and nap in preparation for work tonight.  So, per my routine of sorts, I popped in a DVD and drifted off to sleep. I was awakened to an odd number ringing my phone and then noticed I missed some calls and texts… Additionally, when I don’t know a number, I will ignore it and let it go to voicemail… Anyhow, I ignored the call, which was promptly followed by a text that simply said, “Hey.” I saw the number was from Arizona, and I wasn’t wasted enough to give out my number while working there this weekend, so I, responded with, “Hey. Sorry who is this, I don’t have this number saved.” Thinking it may be a bill collector that got smart…

“Guess who, I owe you something”

“Sorry I have no clue. Owe me what?”

“I owe you apology”

“Ok, Um, well, tell me who is this is and let’s go from there.”

“Dawson”

I was floored and of course called him back immediately.  It was truly a great conversation that was long overdue for the both of us.  I must say its great to have him back as a friend again… We discussed quite a bit and its was nice to catch up and begin to re-build our friendship and had been worn thin by a number of factors. I don’t want ya’ll to think that we are running back to each other or things in ‘that’ sense can or will re-kindle, but I know that we will have each other as friends for many years to come.  I am happily dating again, when time allows, which in my world, means about 10 minutes of ‘personal time’ and then getting ready for work.

I must say that I am truly happy and blessed to be so lucky to have many great friends out there along with so many opportunities for me offered to further my success.  I’m so very happy and unbelievably thankful for so many opportunities; however, I am assessing a lot right now, and if my schedule continues to be this ‘fruitful’ I am truly going to sit back and assess all that I am doing and possibly look at cutting back.  I know I am burning myself out, but right now with bills and student loans to pay, I need the work.  However as long as I continue to be blessed by so many great companies within the Industry casting me in scenes, I can start to look at making some changes in order to regain a somewhat real life once again and regain the personal time that we all need to be ourselves.  Well, it is about that time for me to get ready for work…

One final note, thank you so much again Dawson, as we both said we needed to bring our friendship back and you know I’ll always be there no matter what as your friend and brother. Thank you for proving once again that you are truly the big-hearted, selfless and responsible guy we all know and I appreciate having as a friend once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment